Review - Topshop Milkshake

Sunday 13 January 2013

I was tempted to title this post "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..." but decided against it for obvious reasons.

Anyway, this is my first bloggy review that takes it's form by way of a nail polish analysis.

I was feeling a bit blue due to it being January, all the Christmas cheer has gone from the air and we're just left with short days, long nights and cold weather. I decided that I was in need of a pick me up, so decided to pick myself up a treat. I'd been looking for the perfect bubblegum pink for a while now but refused to purchase O.P.I's Pink Friday as Nicki Minaj endorsed it and I truly despise her.

So, I set about a search to find a Nicki-free and hopefully cheaper alternative. I came across Topshop's Milkshake and decided that it looked perfect for my nail varnishy needs.

This was my first foray into any of Topshop's makeup range and I have to say I was quite impressed. The varnish applied streak free and smoothly and was decently opaque in one coat but definitely benefit from two.

So without further a-do, I hereby give you Topshop's Milkshake gracing my fingertips:


It lasted me a good 5 days chip free, apart from the minor chip that you can see on my index finger. It was pretty quick at drying and had a lovely glossy finish. My only small issue is that because it's such a bright colour, it can look a little messy around the edges, but that could be neatened up easily or just applied better than I did it.


Milkshake can be found at any Topshop that sells makeup or purchased online here for £5. 

2 comments :

  1. thank you for this review, considering buying this now for spring x

    if possible please could you check out my blog please, i am a new follower

    www.lauraspicksxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colour is great !!!! :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs