Blemish Busters

Saturday 31 May 2014

When my skin broke out a few weeks ago, I didn't worry too much. I popped on some Freederm and waited for them to go. And waited. And then waited some more. For some reason, they had decided they quite liked residing on my face and weren't going anywhere, no siree. 

As my skin hasn't had a persistent break out in quite a long time, I didn't really have any products that could help me get my skin back to blemish free. I decided I'd start off at the budget end of the scale first and enlisted the help of Boot's Skin Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion. I picked it up on offer for only £1.49 and it has been amazing. I started noticing results from the first use too, I think this is because it contains salicylic acid which is pretty good for a budget buy.

Next up, after buying the nspa Hot Cloth Polish, my mum treated me to the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser. After having used both, I have to say that I think they are extremely similar although Liz Earle does feel that little bit more luxurious on your skin and requires a pump or two less for full coverage. If you're looking for an affordable dupe though, I highly recommend the nspa version. They both feel smooth and creamy on the skin and leave it feeling thoroughly cleansed after use.

Finally, Clinique's Anti Blemish Solution Clinical Clearing Gel - where have you been all my life? This comes in two sizes and is pretty pricey but definitely worth it. I picked the smaller 15ml version for £14 but a little goes a long way and I can see it lasting me for ages. It can be applied as a mask after moisturising for all over blemishes or spot applied if you're suffering from a smaller breakout. I have been using it twice a day for a week now and my skin has improved drastically. It has dried out all of my blemishes and it has also helped to fade the red scarring left behind, it's a miracle in a bottle. I still have a little way to go until my skin is completely clear but I cannot highly recommend it enough. 

Do you have any blemish busters to recommend?

1 comment :

  1. I had the same issue last week! I think it might have been the travelling, but I lathered on a Liz Earle clay mask and it seemed to help. I've used Clinique before though and the product you mentioned was easily my fave of their anti blemish range - the others were too drying. At the moment I'm using ESPA skincare, which I'm really enjoying :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs