Review | NARS Larger Than Life Lipgloss

Wednesday 3 July 2013





 NARS Larger Than Life Lip gloss in Paris Follies*

NARS are one of the many high end brands that I had never got an opportunity to own so I was excited when I received one of their Larger Than Life lip glosses in the shade 'Paris Follies' to try out.
I've never been a massive fan of lip gloss as it can have a horrible flavour, be sparkly or really sticky and I end up with my hair stuck to my lips, whether it's windy outside or not!

I really love the sleek tube of lip gloss with no embellishments, just simple yet classy. The colour is easily visible and there are no annoying labels or stickers all over it. The lid screws on nicely and clicks into place so you know that it's shut properly and you don't end up with bits of fluff stuck to the rim (or are my bags just really gross? Haha.)

One really unique thing about this though is the applicator which is "to deliver the most precise application possible." It's a really tiny brush that somehow manages to come out of the tube with the perfect amount of product on it to coat my lips the exact right amount. It's smaller size enables you to fill in your lips neatly and get around the edges without smearing gloss all around the outside of your lip line.

I am in love with this shade. It's so lovely and bright whilst still managing to blend in with my daily makeup without looking overdone.  It's described as "Pink Flamingo" on the NARS site and I'd say that it's an accurate description. When swatched on my skin it looks like quite a bright coral and this does translate nicely onto my lips although the above picture of me doesn't fully do it justice. I really feel like all my makeup comes together when I apply something to my lips and this is brilliant for the summer months when I'm using bronzer and making my skin more glowy.

The gloss applies smoothly onto your lips and it doesn't drag or cling to any dry patches. It's provides good colour coverage and a nice glossy sheen without looking over the top. It has no scent at all which  I really like, sometimes the candy scented lip glosses are a bit overbearing or even worse,  the plastic scented ones...
I'd say for me that it lasts about 2-3 hours and that's including eating and drinking although it does fade a little.It doesn't feel sticky at all on my lips, it feels light and I don't feel like my lips are tacky or getting stuck together.

Overall, I'm hugely impressed by this lip gloss and I would love to pick it up in more shades. It wears wonderfully on the lips and fades nicely too with good pigmentation and shine without being sticky. To me, it's what all glosses should be like and it's definitely going to be a staple product over the coming months!

You can grab this on HQ Hair here with free delivery too.

Have you ever tried any NARS lip glosses? What's your favourite brand?

6 comments :

  1. This shade is so pretty, really suits you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with NARS Lip glosses, especially Turkish Delight ... such a gorgeous girly pink shade.
    You have a lovely blog, just stumbled across it now
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC, instagram, twitter and bloglovin’?
    If so let me know and I’ll follow you right back
    My blog is a fashion/lifestyle blog!
    Speak soon,
    Have a lovely day
    Much Love,
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/andkateblog
    www.instagram.com/andkateblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It gives such a nice, rosy colour on the lips and looks really nice!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the color
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this color- and I really like it on you! Great post!
    Jennifer

    Nature With Nurture

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs