Review | Dainty Doll

Sunday 5 May 2013


Hey everyone! How nice has the weather been this week? I've actually been able to sit in my garden without a jacket on and feel warm. Let's hope it lasts for more than about 3 days, as usual.

I grabbed a few products on Fragrance Direct a couple of weeks ago, as I couldn't resist the reductions on the Dainty Doll line by Nicola Roberts. I'd only previously tried one product from the range that I received in a beauty box and I was extremely disappointed. It was an eyeliner and the pigmentation was seriously awful. You pretty much had to scrape it numerous times across your eye to gain even the faintest colour; not practical.

So, initially I wasn't all that interested when I saw they were reduced and wasn't even that surprised. However, I noticed a few reviews popping up saying how good they were, so I decided to bite the bullet and give it ago. 
I ordered two blushers from Fragrance Direct, one called Money Talks and the other You Are My Sunshine.  I wanted to give the lipsticks a go but they'd all sold out so I hunted one down on eBay called It's My Party that actually ended up cheaper than it would have been on Fragrance Direct once postage had been thrown in.

Money Talks
 Is a taupe shade that has been hailed around the blogging world as "the pale girls contour shade." I've tried it out as a contour and as a blush and I really like it as both. It contours subtly and blends in well with the other blusher from the range but it also looks lovely as a blush when I want to wear something brighter on my lips and don't want an overload on colour. The pigmentation is good and the formula is very smooth, you don't need too much on your brush to apply it and it lasts well throughout the day. 

You Are My Sunshine
I don't own either blusher, but this shade looks similar in swatches to Sleek's Rose Gold and the famous Nars Orgasm. It's really beautiful when applied and the shimmer isn't too excessive, it's the perfect amount to give your cheeks a look like you've applied highlighter on top but it's not a glitterfest. Again, the formula and application are brilliant and the staying power is a good 8+ hours. I'd give it a top up if I were going out in the evening but other than that, it'll do you a full day.

It's My Party
I was quite hesitant about trying this shade out as it's a bright colour and not something I'd usually go for. I tend to go for something really subtle on my lips like a balm or shock - nothing at all. But I decided I wanted to freshen up my look and be adventurous so it found it's way in an envelope to me. I absolutely love this lipstick and I'd even go as far as to say that it's probably my favourite that I own. That's not saying all that much though, as I only own about 3 lipsticks...
 It's a matte formula but it's not drying on the lips at all and the staying power is amazing. I can eat and drink and although it will have faded a little, it will actually still be in place. I like to top it with Revlon's Sweet Tart Lip Butter for a bit of shine and they work perfectly together.

Overall, I've been really pleased with these products and for £1.99 for each blusher and £3.00 for the lipstick, they are amazing value for money.

Have you tried any products from the range?






33 comments :

  1. Honestly I feel like I would turn pale willingly just so I could use these products, but makeup is just about enhancing what you've got already no? ;) the money talks blush looks fantactic though, I want something like that! xX

    misstephaniechen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is indeed! They're really great :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooo 'You are my sunshine' looks so beautiful :)

    Lovely post & your blog is so super pretty too!
    - New Follower


    Love Em, from www.dollhousebeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely! Such a gorgeous colour for summer and thanks! x

      Delete
  3. Gollyyyy gosh. I feel the same. Love these blushers!

    throwmesomethingbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have both those blushes and I love them!

    New follower :)
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi thanks for visiting my blog.
    I couldn't find any lipsticks on fragrance direct, will have to hunt some down they look so nice!
    I love you are my sunshine, been wearing it loads recently!
    Love your blog, now following xx

    Rachael - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I just did a quick search on good ol' eBay and one popped up on there. You Are My Sunshine is gorgeous! xx

      Delete
  6. That lipstick is gorgeous! These look like such good products.

    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lipstick is amazing, I love them all! x

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this but I've wanted to after hearing a lot about it in recent times. I always love the packaging of this brand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Havent tried this one yet! ill have to give it a try, Thanks for sharing

    http://vickys-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a huge fan of blush and these look stunning. They aren't available in South Africa though. I shall keep dreaming :)

    Amina || Blog: Oh just one more ||

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kat!

    I love your blog, just spent far too long reading when I should be revising! I can't believe how good these products are for money!! The lip colour is gorgeous.

    I am new to the blogging world and really trying hard to promote my blog! I'd really appreciate it if you had a little look:
    www.beleza-byems.blogspot.co.uk

    I will enjoy following you on GFC and look forward to your future posts!

    Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the look of that lipstick on your lips, soooo pretty! Bargains too :D xx

    Gemma ♥ || Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the lip shade, Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you. I am a new follower of yours

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great value for money. Love the shade of the lipstick and the blusher in You Are My Sunshine :) xo

    Hannah xo | Glitter And Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lovely, I've nominated you for the Liebster blog awards - if you want to go to my blog to find out more information.
    xx
    Rachael - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks very much! I'll pop on over :-) xx

      Delete
  15. Found your blog through beautypea.com ... love it!

    Such a great review, gorgeous colours!!!

    Stevie Hearts Makeup

    Stevie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're so lovely and summery :-) xxx

      Delete
  16. Hi :)
    I haven't try any of them, but after your review I know I want to :) <3
    I love your Blog and I'm glad I found you :)
    I am your new follower :) Hello :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't tried any yet but reading this review think I may order them! :)
    Have followed your blog, looking forward to seeing more posts. Still trying to get mine up and running x
    www.chanellelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks too pretty! I'm not pale skinned but am tempted to try the lipsticks and blushes any way - fingers crossed they work! Thank you for sharing!

    rachael-victoria.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I tried them on my mum who has more olive skin than me and they looked nice on her too :-) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs