Current Beauty Favourites

Monday 14 April 2014


I've had a few of these products kicking around for a good few weeks now and rather than writing individually about them, I thought I might as well group them together for a mini review each.
I bought Rimmel Match Perfection when I saw it on offer for only £5. I was looking for something with a little more coverage and this is a step up on coverage from my Healthy Mix Serum. It gives my skin a fresh, glowing finish with medium coverage that lasts on me for about 6-8 hours. My only complaint is that it can look a little orange on my skin but it's not too noticeable and I've been reaching for it most days.

I was on the hunt for a liquid highlighter and the Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter has been a staple in my daily routine for about a month now and I am loving it. I've used it as a primer, mixed in with my foundation and purely as a cheekbone highlight and it works well all ways, just like the bottle says. I tend to mix a little in with my foundation for extra glow and then pop some on my cheekbones for a stronger highlight and it lasts on me 8 hours+ and makes my whole face look more put together without being too glittery or shimmery.

If you've read my blog for a while you'll know I'm a huge fan of Max Factor mascaras and when I had a makeup clear out recently, all my Max Factor ones had to go. I decided to repurchase False Lash Effect after loving it a couple of years ago and it's long lasting, smudge-proof and gives my lashes thickness and definition without being clumpy.

A few weeks ago, I managed to drop my beloved HD Brows palette on the floor and it turned to dust, I was beyond devastated. I decided that rather than repurchasing I'd try the Anastasia Brow Powder Duo and I think I've found a new favourite. I have it in medium brown and it matches my eyebrows perfectly, giving me a much more natural fullness than I've ever had before. I like to run the darker shade through my brows first and then go over them in the lighter shade and it fills in any sparse areas without looking too dark or fake.

What are you current favourites? Do you like any of these products too?

14 comments :

  1. I love the Max Factor mascara, you should try their Masterpiece Max. I find it even more volumising!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mascara was my all time favourite and then I bought 2000 Calorie a few times but I'm definitely going to get it again when this one runs out, it's an amazing mascara! x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow such beautiful photography Kat! I so want to try the ABH Brow Duo, those shades look like they'd be an ideal match for me! xxx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Gemma! You're bound to get one decent picture out of about 70 haha! I really recommend it, i might do a more in-depth review because I've been really impressed and there aren't that many reviews of the actual shades etc online xx

      Delete
  3. I've always been a fan of Rimmel's Wake Me Up and so I'm really tempted to try their Match Foundation!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried their Wake Me Up foundation but I really do like the Match one! x

      Delete
  4. The Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation is something I have been meaning to try for ages. x

    Shang J. | The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think its definitely worth a try even at full price it's only £6.99! x

      Delete
  5. I love this mascara and the wow primer so I think I'm going to have to try the foundation as it seems we like the same things lol xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe they're great aren't they! I think the Match Perfection is brilliant for the price xx

      Delete
  6. I'm a big fan of the Rimmel foundations but not tried the Match Perfection one, I really want to try it now!

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a try, I got it in the 2nd lightest shade but there's loads to pick from! x

      Delete
  7. I keep always forgetting to get this Seventeen highlighter - it's sooo good!

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mascara is amazing! Probably the best mascara I've used!
    Just followed your blog I love it (:
    xx
    songsberry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I appreciate every single one and will do my best to reply to you as soon as possible! If you want to ask me anything, feel free to tweet me @kathrynhannah91 ♥xo

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs