The Liebster Award is given out to bloggers by bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It's a great way to find other people's blogs who are up and coming and get some recognition! It seems that there are a few variations of the "rules" for the award but I'm going to go with the ones that were passed onto me which are:
1. 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions left by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award.
4. No tag backs.
So, here are the 11 facts about me!
1. I'm left handed and I mean really left handed. I don't do anything at all with my right hand, well, apart from apply mascara to my other eye haha.
2. I only went on a plane for the first time last year at the age of 20 to Amsterdam. I had been to Holland a couple of years before but took the ferry. Never again.
3. I have naturally curly hair, which you may be able to see in a couple of posts below but I much prefer how it looks when it's straight and I've been straightening it since I was 14. The first few times were a disaster...
4. My boyfriend is 14 years older than me and we met through work 3 years ago. People are always surprised when they first find this out but we get along brilliantly and we never notice the difference at all!
5. I had braces for 3.5 years and only got them taken off when I was 20. That was a happy day.
6. I was obsessed with Green Day when I was a teenager and have been to see them 3 times - I still like them now but the obsession has worn off.
7. I love wearing jewellery but I never wear anything gold, only silver as I don't think gold suits me.
8. I broke both my arm and my ankle whilst playing on my slide. I was 5 when I broke my arm and 6 when I broke my ankle, it didn't put me off playing on it though!
9. I lost 3.5 stone a couple of years ago after going through a period of overindulgence and gaining that much. It surprisingly only took me 6 months to lose - I just changed my eating habits to healthy and cut out all of the rubbish which had been A LOT.
10. I studied Media for GCSE, at college at BTEC & then at A Level but have never gone on to do anything with it because I didn't want to go to Uni.
11. I've been on holiday to the same place in Wales ever year of my life bar two - my mum went there when she was a child and it's sort of a tradition now!
Now, onto the questions from Katie
1) Are you creative?
I'd never really pick it as a word to describe me, but I suppose yes. My favourite subject as a child was creative writing and I've always been much better at writing than maths! I also enjoyed doing coursework at school over exams, if that counts?
2) What career do you want to pursue?
To be honest, I'm not really a "career" person. I've tried to a few different paths and none of them have worked out for me. The most recent one I was interested in was a make up artist but the courses were just too expensive. I always seem to pick a competitive industry... And now that I'm due to become a mum, I'll be putting work on hold for a while.
3) Are you currently reading anything?
Currently no but I love to read. I discovered the Kindle app on my phone and the 20p books and have been reading quite a few recently. My most recent favourite was "You Had Me at Hello" by Mhairi McFarlane - I definitely recommend it if you fancy some Chick Lit!
4) What is your favourite song at the moment?
That's a tough one - I can't think of a specific song at the minute but something by Radiohead.
5) Heels or flats on a night out?
Depends on the outfit and what I'm doing, I'll usually go for wedges, the best of both worlds!
6) Windows or Mac?
Windows, I don't like Mac at all!
7) What is your favourite thing about the internet?
eBay. I have got so many bargains this month!
8) Twitter or Facebook?
Can I say neither? I just don't know what to write on them and haven't posted a status/update on either for over a year.
9) Do you like poetry?
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I can appreciate a good poem. I used to be pretty good at writing them when I was younger, haha.
10) When is your birthday?
25th July - I love it being in Summer but the weather isn't always summery...
11) Seaside, countryside or the city life?
I like all of them in different ways - I like the business of the city but not for living, the countryside because it's nice and relaxing and the seaside because it's so pretty. Buuuut... I'd probably move to the country/seaside.
Finally, my 11 questions:
1. What's one item you couldn't live without?
2. Do you have any pets? If not, what pet would you like?
3. Your favourite holiday and why?
4. Book or film first?
5. Who's your biggest inspiration?
6. Who's your biggest celebrity crush?
7. Describe yourself in one word.
8. Where would you go if you could travel through time and why?
9. Where's your favourite place to spend money?
10. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
11. What's your favourite gift that you have received?
Along Came Milly
Tea and Cocktails
Girl With Makeup
Little Purple Orchid
Let me know if you make a post, I'd love to read it!